background

Thursday, February 22, 2018

The Little Red Mouse House

Back in November I picked up this goofy little unfinished dollhouse in Tuesday Morning.  I forgot to take a picture of how it looked in the rough unfinished state.  Although completely assembled,  the wood was rough and uneven all the way through.  The door and windows were way out of proportion for the rest of the house and there wasn't a corner that was straight in any of it.  It didn't fit as a 1:12 inch scale nor was it 1:24 scale so I fudged it here and there and went with half scale ( 1:24).  The idea was to use up scraps from my stash not buying anything to finish it.  I did buy the felting wool and needles in an attempt to make a mouse family for my house.  As with most of my houses, I like to decorate with decoupage as an added feature.  What furniture I didn't have I made from scrap wood and such.   Lots of fun!   Thanks for visiting!!

                           The house is hinged and opens front and back. 

                                                 Here's the front





Side 



Opened front and back





Inside Opened




Kitchen




Living Room with Mr. and Mrs. Mouse



                                                   Upstairs Parents Room



                                                 The Children's room



                                         Here's the baby mouse asleep in his basket



                                            Here's sister mouse also sound asleep






                                          Thanks so much for looking!

2 comments:

  1. What cute house, and your little mice look so comfy tucked into their beds.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww thanks so much Carrie! I like to fill my houses with different kinds of critters! :) They were fun to make too!

      Delete